Sunday, June 10, 2007

Changes on the Horizon, or Why I'm sometimes an idiot

Jason always makes comments that the random times we pass each other while driving around town, he always waves to me and I am always oblivious to the world around and never notice him.

So I was driving home from work yesterday and happened to glance in my rearview mirror to see a big brown guy driving a silver civic. So I start waving like a clown on crack to get his attention. (I noticed him, dangit and I was bound and determined to prove him wrong about never noticing.) So here I am, waving my poor little heart out when FINALLY he notices. I got a short and feeble hand waggle from him in return. Well I took offense to that and immediately STOPPED waving, beacuse you better believe if I am going to put my heart and soul into waving especially since I get crap about it all the time and I probably almost crashed my car trying to get his attention and he doesn't even have the decency to give his wife a hearty wave back then heck if I am going to waste any more of my joyful waving on him, thankyouverymuch.



Then the civic passed me. 'Lo and behold it was indeed a big brown guy driving a silver civic...but not MY big brown guy driving a silver civic. Who knew.

In other news....we are buying a condo!! YAY!!!
Well okay, we are in the process of buying a condo. We need to buy this year for taxes, but the homes in PG are absolutely outrageously priced right now and we would probably end up living in a one bedroom no bathroom roach-infested shack. Sooo...I give you our cute little 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo...






It will be so nice to stop throwing our money away on rent. Not to mention the pool, workout room and theater room!! We are so excited, and hoping to be in by the end of the month.

in other news, we went to the Summerfest parade last night. Kinda disappointing, as far as parades go. I took a bunch of pics but I forgot my camer cord today, thus having no way to upload them. So maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Em said...

Ah me, I have home-owning envy.
Looks awesome!

samunwritten said...

That's so typical. I bet he hired one of his brown friends to drive his car, just so you'd feel like a moron.
So, I was literally seconds away from calling you and asking if you wanted to come to the parade with me, Chloe, and Sophie. I figured that we were already there, and by the time you got there it would be over.
I shoulda called you. You probably had a much better spot than we did.
(I agree. The parade was kinda lame.)

Anonymous said...

Ya Aubs I think the parade was lame but the fireworks were great. Even though I got cardboard in my eye.
*/Chloe

Chantele Sedgwick said...

That is a really cute place. I am also having home-owning envy. I have 3 sister-in-laws that have just bought houses. Someday...