Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happy Dispatch Week!

okay, not really. National Dispatch Week was like a month and a half ago (thanks for all the flowers and cards--you're too much!) but I just came across this and it's cracking me up.

Though it may be that Sam is the one other person out there that finds these funny, that is okay with me. Nothing could be more correct.

You know you have been a 911 dispatcher too long when...

--You have forgotten what a warm meal is like

--You spend more money on fast food than on utilities

--You have been known to answer your home/cell phone "911, what is your emergency?"

--You consider patience a weakness, not a virtue

--Your idea of a good night involves someone getting shot, chased or dismembered

--Holidays are when everyone gets drunk and beats up their family members

--You can carry on more than 4 conversations simultaneously

--You get impatient listening to family and friends tell a story, you just want the facts
--When using a computer outside of work with less than 5 screens, you feel cramped and confined.

--You can't help but laugh a little when a "regular client" kills himself while breaking into a business.

--You can only tell time on a 24 hour clock

--When at the drive through worker asks "Will that be everything?" You respond "10-4"

--Your response to, "I'll have your job!!" is, "You better hurry, you have 6 hours left of your shift!!"

--You can resume a conversation with co-workers 4 hours later, in mid-sentence, and everyone knows what you are talking about

--You truely believe stupidity should be painful


One of these days Sam and I should collaborate a "911 Ettiquette" post. You would not BELIEVE the things people call 911 for.

3 comments:

samunwritten said...

Good plan. We'll have to collaborate on that one. I think it will be eye-opening to all.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Aubrey, so many of those remind me of my mom. Soooo funny. I especially like the 24 hour clock thing. She is always telling us things with that time reference.

Sarah said...

I love the one about answering your home/cell wrong. I always did that with my old jobs but I'm sure the 911 line gets a lot more laughs.

By the way, the proposed post idea sounds great! Get it done.