Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The nursery continued...

It took me forever to pick out a crib I liked. Before we were set on colors, I changed my mind from white to black to cherry to dark brown...Jason was about ready to kill me. I finally found a crib I decided I loved and off we went with decorating ideas.

We had to special order the crib from Babies R Us beacuse they didn't have any in-store. We also got a killer deal on it, so I was super excited.

Ha. Or so I thought.

To make a realllllly long (several hours at Babies R Us, days of waiting, and one long drive to Ogden) story short, the warehouse had sent the wrong crib to the store, and then discontinued the crib we had bought. It took a bunch of phone calls and a few days of patience, but the awesome Babies R Us manager ended up finding us the crib we were supposed to have in Ogden. We didn't want to wait longer for it to be shipped to us, so we drove there to pick it up and got a gift card for our troubles. (Hello, free crib mattress and changing pad!)



It took about 20 minutes to get it all set up, and it was totally worth the wait!!



Jason and I spent last weekend in St. George with his parents. His mom is awesome when it comes to all things sewing. I am very proud to say we got all the bedding sewn in 2 days without a single tear or swear word! (one or the other -or both- happens within 5 minutes of me trying to sew on my own. every time.)

His mom was a HUGE help, and the bedding turned out exactly how I pictured it. I wish I had taken photos of us sewing all weekend, but I didn't. So here is the finished product...





I wanted everything about the bedding and nursery to be very modern. I didn't like any of the babyish pastel stuff I kept finding. (even though my mom's argument was, "but he IS a baby!!" every time I brought this up...)




I still am working on the other 2 walls of the room, so I'll post photos as soon as those are finished. I'm so happy with how its shaping up so far!

1 comment:

mckenna said...

I love it!! I think he will too!!