Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Me too, little buddy


I have never claimed to be much of a history buff. I don't pride myself in being able to recite the constitution by heart, I can't name a single Civil War general, and who exactly did we or did we not get along with during WWI?

Well, whatever. What I do know is I now know exactly what a certain Dr. MLK was talkin' about when he proclaimed, "I HAVE A DREAM!"

I'm guessing he was 9 months pregnant, and had been suffering from a super crappy cold for over a week. He had coughed both lungs up, had a splitting headache, runny/stuffy nose, sneezing, the works. I also bet he was suffering various pains from pregnancy, including (but not limited to) a pelvic bone that was all but splitting in two. Oh and also? He had an eye infection and has been stuck without contacts for the last two days.

I'm guessing all of this lead our good friend Martin to get verrrry little sleep as of late. Tossing and turning, waking up to rollover from one achy hip to the other, to blow his nose, to cough, only to lie awake for hours after. He was probably so sick of not sleeping that he had resorted to huffily storming out to the couch to try and sleep there, if not only for the change of scenery.

Then, one night, something miraculous happened. Though he still coughed occasionally, his hips didn't ache as bad. The headache was gone. The eyedrops started to work, and lo and behond, there was air flowing through his nostrils once again. He slept so good, in fact, that he was finally able to once again achieve deep enough sleep that HE ACTUALLY DREAMED.


I totally get it, man.

5 comments:

Annalee and Buck said...

You're hilarious! I hope you misery ends soon :)

Em said...

Oh I remember that... hope it stays better!

Ashley Clark said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. That sounds like a nasty stretch.

Burg Family said...

You don't have too much longer and things will start getting better. My hips are finally getting back to the not aching at night. I am tired right now getting up with the little one, but I think I am getting more sleep then I was, with all the aching and turning at night.

mckenna said...

You know, if he were female this might be true. But since he isn't, my guess is the dream he had was more like the kind where he woke up with something sticky in his pants... yuck.