Friday, November 18, 2011

Bostonisms

Well, sleep as of lately is improving, as far as Boston goes. He hasn't pulled another all-nighter since my last post, which is always appreciated. He usually seems to go in waves, so hopefully we are on a good-sleep wave right now and maybe we will eventually outgrow the entire shenanigan. Nevermind that Maia has taken this opportunity to start waking up at least twice a night again to eat. She started sleeping 13+ hours only waking up once around 12 weeks, which was fantastic. Oy.


Lately I keep telling myself I need to write down all the funny stuff Boston is saying. He cracks me up on a daily basis, there is never a dull (or peaceful, or relaxing) moment when he is around.



He was going potty the other day and since we have been at this for a while and he is doing pretty well, I don't usually praise him with as much gusto for a successful toilet trip. As he sat there he turned to me and said, "Mommy. Tell me good job!"  So I did. He then told me somewhat sternly "Nooooow say I'm so proud of you! Come on, Mommy. Say it."


We were driving in the car the other day and he started singing Child of God, unprompted. Since he won't usually sing on command, I turned my music down so I could hear him better. He sang out, "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me....FLY LIKE BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!"

I asked Boston what he wanted for lunch the other day. "Lets go to Grandma's!" I asked why we should go to Grandma's and he replied, "Because. Grandma will give me candy for lunch."  Busted, Grandma.

He loves to climb into Maia's crib in the morning and talk and play with her while I get her dressed. He was in there the other morning and I left to go to the bathroom. The bathroom is right by her room and I could hear him the entire time talking to her. "Hello, little princess! Did you sleep good, pretty lady? Huuuuuh? Did you sleep good? You're so pretty!" He talks to her in a high pitched baby voice and it is a crack up. As I came back into the room I heard him say (in the same high voice) "Okay, Maia. I'm going to jump on your head now...." Luckily I got back before he smashed her noggin into the mattress. Poor girl has a rough life ahead.

Today for lunch he asked for "a sandwich with a cheese square cooked in a pan" - I translated it to a grilled cheese.


Not really a funny saying, but something to remember - Boston is obsessed with socks right now. He changes his socks 20 times a day, and loves finding new socks to try on. He steals Maia's sock leggings constantly and takes off his pants to wear them. Printed sock that go up to his knees are by far his favorite, as seen above. He also loves any of mine or Jason's socks because he can pull them up so high.

Another favorite of his lately is going to the gas station. He asks me several times a day if it is time to go to the gas station to get our drinks yet. There is a good to excellent chance this is 100% my fault.

2 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable. I can't believe how big he is!

Lacey Hammond said...

He's so cute. I see so much of you in him. PS, I dig the striped socks to his knees. It was my favorite pic