Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacations and more...

So you know how I was all "yeah I have 4 whole nights this week with which to blog, and yeah I will post all my pictures from my trip" and blah blah?
yeah obviously, 6 days later that didn't happen. It's a really long story involving graveyard shifts, CPR classes ALL freaking day, and 12 hours of sleep in 5 days. I won't go into all the gory details but it was NOT a fun week.
And THEN I went to upload all my vacation pictures to find 400 (of 550) of them gone. Vanished. Poof. So many good, fun pictures, never to be seen again. Such a bummer.

On a funnier note:
We all went to Hooters one night in South Carolina. (6 boys vs. 2 girls....we didn't stand a chance) We had Kaden (11) and Kamber (8) with us. The conversation was as follows:

ME: Hey, Kade. Do you like the girls' uniforms?

Kade: Well, they are kinda wierd. Their socks slouch all wierd around their ankles!

Kamber: [cracking up] UMMM....I didn't even NOTICE their socks!!

It was hilarious that the younger of the two picked up on it, while Kaden was absolutely oblivious to the world around him. And it was also kinda sad to think that Kamber is that young and is completely aware of the world around him.

Anyways, 2 rental cars, 1 accident involving a deer in SF canyon, lots of relatives 100+ hours of driving later, we are home safe, sound and sane. Probably less sane than before the trip altogether, but happy nonetheless.

No comments: