Wednesday, July 30, 2008

State Fire Testing

Last Saturday we had our big state Firefighter test. Talk about nerve wracking! We have been in class since March, and I was so burned out. It was a Haz-Mat, Firefighter I and Firefighter II class all crammed into one, with one long marathon test day.

There was last minute cramming all around.


We had 2 written tests in the morning followed by a long afternoon of practical tests. We had to do put our SCBA's on in under 1 minute, roll fire hose in under 1 minute, put a "car fire" out, crawl under the garage in full gear to simulate a confined space escape, raise a ladder, demonstrate extrication, and a few other skills.


Mindi, Jason, Andy and Kyle not taking the test seriously.



There were a few breaks to cool off (and cram for what the next test would be!)





Our whole class...thrilled to be done!


AND....I got my letters back from the state a few days ago and I passed all my tests! WOOT! It was a long and exhausting class, but I'm so happy it is over (and that I actually passed)

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats Aubs! That is awesome! I love how you can do all that and still have a perfect manicure. You're so cute!

Nancy said...

Hey Aubs! Congratulations !! You and Jason are so cute, you make me smile. Nancy

Malerie said...

Thanks, you're so sweet. Um, kel and I are actually 2 days apart. She is the 12th and I'm the 10th so maybe we will be the same day!

The Robinson's said...

Congrats!!! wahoo!

Shad and Whitney said...

Hey Aubry and Jason!
Just wanted to stop by to say Hi.
Congrats on passing state fire tests,
it's not easy stuff!!!

Annalee and Buck said...

Ha ha this post is awesome! Oh, I really love the shot of me eating, with my mouth stuffed full of food and looking at Buck like I'm so hungry I'm gonna eat him too. Ha ha, let's put that one under, "What you shouldn't do as a firefighter" eat lots of food or your husband. Sweet :)