Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Random thoughts

There really is no point to this post, other than to get out some random things bouncing around in my head lately.

--Throughout October I was really wanting to change my ringtone to "This is Halloween" because I just love it. Only, I kept forgetting and putting off downloading it. Imagine my surprise when the day after Halloween I discovered I had downloaded it last year and made it into a ringtone. I was bummed for about 3 seconds before deciding that whose business is it of anyone's if I have a spooky ringtone after the Eve of Hallows? It will likely stay set as my ringtone until Christmas, when it will change to something Grinch-related. I appreciate any calls that allow me to listen to it.

--Chick Fil A is such a freaking mommy hang out, and it drives me nuts. This is possibly the most hypocritical opinion that I own, being as that I go around noon to take my kid to play like every other mom in Utah County.  GAH its just so crowded, but I can't resist the excellent service, decent food and a play area that is completely enclosed so I can send B in there and ignore him decompress for a few minutes.

--Potty training sucks. Not much more to say about it.

--I might be swearing off Facebook until December. Its only November 2 and I am sick to death of hearing what everyone is thankful for*. Not that I think this isn't a good practice, or that you shouldn't take the time to think of things you are grateful for, but my feed is clogged with thankfulness and I'm really more of a "If you're thankful and you know good for you (clap clap)" kind of girl. Meaning, I would rather ponder on the blessings of my life with myself instead of shouting it from the rooftop for all of facebook to see.

--Don't you hate it when you forget to turn your Redbox? I mean, Bridesmaids made me laugh and all, but it wasn't really $16-and-I-don't-even-own-it good.

--Can we talk about the service at Chick Fil A again? Man. The employees are so helpful and nice. Having my drink refilled while I wait at my table, bringing me mints and any other item I might need while dining? I guess its no wonder its a madhouse. There is something to be said about getting better service at a fast-food restaurant than many higher-end restaurants.

Hmm. I think this turned into more of a therapy venting session. Thanks for listening.  I feel better now, don't you?










*I know a lot of you are doing this, and don't feel like you have to stop because of me and my grinchy opinions.  Be grateful for whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want.  Just don't be offended if I hide everyone from my feed until Dec 1. :)

2 comments:

The Halls said...

I must compose my self from laughing you are soo freakin funny! Everything you said is true and I can relate. (potty training excluded)
You gotta go later in the day to Chick-Fil-A I'd say like 2ish!! 12-1:30 is INSANE!
You know there is a little X in the right side just hit that and it will hid that person forever! I have used that a lot the past few days!
Bridesmaids was that good! I laughed my A off! "Don't look at me!" I know what you mean though... I think we own The Sandlot 2. Crap.

Whoa long comment sorry...

Malerie said...

Like

blogging should have a like button don't ya think