Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Salt Flats Adventure

Nobody can say I do not suffer for my art.

If we aren't being eaten alive by brine flies, hiking up the side of a mountain with a wedding dress or ruining our clothing in a dirty train yard...

we are doing this.



And I'm pretty sure it was worth the 2 hour drive, my ruined pants, my torn up little toes, and all the millions salt particles left in my car. (Who knew vast stretches of pure salt could rip your feet to shreds?) Poor Sam's cousins. They are such troopers!

In other news...

We got our lighting kit!! YAY!!! (and a day early, too!) We now have the capabilities to do a studio photo shoot, on-location...your house, my house, or the park down the street! We actually took it along to the salt flats, but, um...couldn't figure out how to work it.

We'll have to take a gander at the ol' instructional video again. Even if we didn't know how to use it; though, you better believe we looked PROFESSIONAL with it all set up alongside us.

We have another photo shoot this Friday that I am way excited about. I am shooting Jason's cousins brand new little baby. He is only like a week and a half old, I can't wait! So stay tuned for those.

In other news...hmm. There really isn't a whole lot of other news in my life lately. It seems like everything is completely revolving around trying to get this business off the ground. I am even taking a few days off work this week to stay home, regroup, put my house back in order (I believe I have 6 loads of clean laundry to put away), and get my studio ready for li'l baby Tyson on Friday.

Also...only 5 days until Sam's birthday! AND only 8 days until Moab. I have never actually been to Moab for vacation-related purposed (just passed through) so I'm pretty excited. And hopefully I can get some cool shots with all the neat scenery down there.

1 comment:

Em said...

very VERY cool, I am loving how all the photos are turning out.
So excited for you guys!